Grassroots Analytics is seeking a skilled accountant to support our growing financial operations team. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and drive to work in a fast-paced start up environment and is enthusiastic about building up and refining financial processes as our company continues to grow.
Grassroots Analytics is a boutique consumer data company that owns and operates an industry-leading high end progressive consumer database. GA has premier data on millions of progressive Americans with disposable income. Large clients include Democratic political campaigns, progressive non-profits, ESG funds, and socially-responsible businesses.
Since 2017, Grassroots Analytics has connected thousands of candidates to their best donor prospects by providing call time lists, email acquisition, mobile fundraising lists, digital targeting universes, and fundraising strategy consulting using algorithmic analysis.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to an in-person office environment in Washington, DC at the company's headquarters (700 K St. NW).
- Assist in reconciling cash and balance sheet accounts and provide applicable schedules as support to ensure accurate reporting
- Maintain staff payroll
- Record daily cash transactions/receipts and support daily cash application in Quickbooks
- Invoice clients as needed to support the revenue and/or cash collection process
- Assist in managing the company's expense reporting process
- Recording financial transactions and assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist in preparation of K1s for shareholders
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a highly functioning accounting team
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel - pivot tables, formulas, V-lookups
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple work streams
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Possess progressive values
- Willing to work in-office from GA headquarters in Washington, DC
Salary range for this position is $70,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience, plus benefits. This is a full-time, in-office position based in our office in Mount Vernon Square at 700 K Street in Washington, D.C.
We offer 33 days of PTO + two days for every year with GA; 10 federal holidays; and full office closure between Christmas and New Years. Additional benefits include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance; paid parental leave; mental health and sick days; 401K with employer match; profit sharing; and more.
Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis, to be considered until the position is filled.
Grassroots Analytics has returned to staffing our office in Washington, DC with COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the CDC and local laws, including masks, vaccinations, and social distancing. Grassroots Analytics is monitoring the situation and will determine other steps as needed to ensure safety.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Grassroots Analytics prioritizes creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.