Grassroots Analytics (GA) seeks an ambitious communications professional to join our executive team and guide the company through rapid expansion. This position has the opportunity to be promoted to CCO in the ensuing months, given success in the role.
Grassroots Analytics is a boutique consumer data company that owns and operates an industry-leading high end progressive consumer database. GA has premier data on millions of progressive Americans with disposable income. Large clients include Democratic political campaigns, progressive non-profits, ESG funds, and socially-responsible businesses.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to an in-person office environment in Washington, DC at the company's headquarters (700 K St. NW).
General Communications Strategy
- Work with GA CEO to establish overall and ongoing communications strategy for GA and its affiliates
- Staff up communications and marketing department to fulfill goals and objectives, as well as develop interconnected strategy between marketing and communications
- Curate content for and manage social media platforms, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Manage email communications and listservs
- Manage and/or oversee management of website(s)
- Serve as primary spokesperson for GA where needed
- Create press avails for affiliate CEOs and GA ventures
- Prepare CEOs and staff for interviews
- Create press opportunities for senior staff
- Create and foster relationships with members of the press
- Write and deploy press releases as necessary for GA and affiliates
- Three to five years (minimum) of experience in communications, marketing, client services, or public relations
- Extensive experience building and managing relationships with political reporters
- One to two years of highly reviewed management experience and leading teams
- Possess progressive values – the Comms Director will need to guide the marketing department within the bounds of GA’s progressive company values
- Personally driven, self-motivated, and excited to bet on yourself
- Master's degree preferred
- Willing to work in-office from GA headquarters in Washington, DC
Salary range for this position is $75,000 - $125,000 plus benefits. This is a full-time, in-office position based in our office in Mount Vernon Square at 700 K Street in Washington, D.C.
We offer 33 days of PTO + two days for every year with GA; 10 federal holidays; and full office closure between Christmas and New Years. Additional benefits include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance; paid parental leave; mental health and sick days; 401K with employer match; profit sharing; and more.
Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis, to be considered until the position is filled.
Grassroots Analytics has returned to staffing our office in Washington, DC with COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the CDC and local laws, including masks, vaccinations, and social distancing. Grassroots Analytics is monitoring the situation and will determine other steps as needed to ensure safety.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Grassroots Analytics prioritizes creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.