Deputy Digital Director - Nonprofits
Grassroots Analytics seeks a digital fundraising professional to lead digital fundraising efforts for Grassroots Analytics Nonprofits, the nonprofits-focused branch of Grassroots Analytics This position has the opportunity to be promoted to Digital Director in the ensuing months, given success in the role.
Grassroots Analytics is a boutique consumer data company that owns and operates an industry-leading progressive consumer database. We believe in the power of using data and analytics to connect people to causes that resonate with them. In addition to providing high-quality donor prospect research for nonprofits, Grassroots Analytics runs holistic nonprofit digital fundraising operations through its digital arm.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to an in-person office environment in Washington, DC at the company's headquarters (700 K St. NW).
The digital team works with both political and nonprofit clients to run holistic digital fundraising programs, with an emphasis on email and text fundraising.
The nonprofits-focused deputy digital director will oversee a team to run programs for nonprofit clients that produce optimal fundraising and advocacy success, innovate digital fundraising tactics in the nonprofit space, and develop best data practices.
The nonprofits-focused deputy digital director will report to the digital director.
- Oversee internal digital program execution from ideation to execution
- Conduct retrospective analysis to strengthen fundraising and advocacy tactics
- Establish email production best practices and quality control measures
- Develop robust testing and tracking procedures
- Build email lists to optimize fundraising in accordance with deliverability best practices
- Research channels of acquisition
- Oversee Peer-to-Peer text fundraising efforts
- Manage three to five digital fundraising strategists, with the option to hire as capacity requires
- Create structure to give feedback, measure growth, and make space for junior employees to raise potential problems
- Come to understand the wide range of digital services offered by Grassroots Analytics and provide input on how to strengthen these services
- Take initiative to grow and collaborate with the broader digital fun
- Evaluate and provide input on future roadmapping of digital tools being developed by GA partners
- 3+ years of experience managing holistic online fundraising programs for nonprofits. Although nonprofits-specific experience is strongly preferred, progressive political fundraising experience will be considered as well
- Strong writing skills to write compelling fundraising copy
- Experience managing and providing feedback to junior employees on email execution
- Extensive experience with CRM platforms, such as EveryAction/NGP, Bloomerang, Campaign Deputy, ActionKit, etc.
- Data-driven mindset
- Experience diligently tracking results
- A passion for creating space for organizations of all sizes within the digital fundraising space
- Ideological understanding and commitment to racial, economic, and environmental justice
Salary range for this position is $72,000 - $100,000 plus benefits, and opportunity for signing and performance bonuses. This is a full-time, in-office position based in our office in Mount Vernon Square at 700 K Street in Washington, D.C.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision
- 401k + match
- 33 Days of PTO + 11 Federal Holidays
- Four work from home weeks per year, plus office closure between Christmas and New Years
- 3 PM dismissal on Fridays
- 3 PM dismissal on Mondays for pre-approved volunteer work
- Paid-for company lunch on Fridays
- And more!
Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis, to be considered until the position is filled.
Grassroots Analytics has returned to staffing our office in Washington, DC with COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the CDC and local laws, including masks, vaccinations, and social distancing. Grassroots Analytics is monitoring the situation and will determine other steps as needed to ensure safety.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Grassroots Analytics prioritizes creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.