Digital Fundraising Associate
Grassroots Analytics (GA) is a boutique consumer data company that owns and operates an industry-leading high end progressive consumer database. GA has premier data on millions of progressive Americans with disposable income. Large clients include Democratic political campaigns, progressive non-profits, ESG funds, and socially-responsible businesses.
The company has scaled rapidly, growing from three full-time employees in 2018 to 40 employees at the start of 2022.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to an in-person office environment in Washington, DC at the company's headquarters (700 K St. NW).
Title: Digital Associate
Type of Employment: Full-time
Salary: $55k- $60k, with the opportunity for performance bonuses
Location: Washington, DC – in office. NOT a remote position.
Start Date: Flexible, ASAP preferred, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
ABOUT GRASSROOTS ANALYTICS
Grassroots Analytics (Parent Company) maintains a detailed database on all left-leaning Americans, including data on net worth, political preference, political donor history, demographics, and contact information. Across industries, Grassroots Analytics provides campaigns and organizations with data – in the form of call time lists, email acquisition, texting lists, Facebook audience creation, and donor research projects – as well as program strategy and expertise.
The digital team works with GA clients to optimize online fundraising and program health. This includes advising small, upstart campaigns on running DIY digital programs as well as advising larger, higher-profile campaigns on navigating the digital space.
The Digital Associate will be a key player in crafting world-class digital programs for clients in both the political and nonprofit sectors. They will communicate directly with clients to ensure strong working relationships and pitch strategy, while working closely with our internal team to learn and expand on our best practices. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow both the depth and breadth of their digital experience, someone looking to apply their data skills to the creative world, or a burgeoning nonprofit expert excited to bring that knowledge to the political sphere.
The Digital Associate will report to the Deputy-Digital Director.
DIGITAL ASSOCIATE CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult on digital strategy for clients to meet strategic list-building and fundraising goals
- Write, create, and produce content for multiple platforms, including email, text, and social media advertisements
- Monitor client results to optimize for list health, fundraising, and targeting
- Run and track A/B tests to ensure the best open rates, click rates, and conversion rates
- Develop ownership of day-to-day content production and project management for a portfolio of clients
- Collaborate generously with other associates and strategists to the benefit of all GA clients
- Learn how to use GA’s STATA database to pull hyper-targeted donor lists (no STATA experience necessary – we’ll teach you!)
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE:
- 1+ years of experience in the digital space or in the data space. Nonprofit experience preferred, campaign or political experience also encouraged, neither required
- Proven experience in an environment that requires you to juggle competing priorities and manage project deliverables
- Strong writing skills to write compelling fundraising copy centered around left-leaning candidates, campaigns, and causes
- Basic HTML knowledge and (any!) experience with various CRMs, texting platforms, and advertising platforms is a plus.
- An appreciation for and understanding of the role data plays in online strategy
- A passion for democratizing campaign fundraising, and a sincere belief that with the right message, team, and data, any candidate or cause can transform their space. Grassroots Analytics is proud to support candidates up and down the ballot and from non-traditional backgrounds.
Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis, to be considered until early October.
Applicants should provide a resume and one-page cover letter that describes the unique value they are prepared to bring to this role. Even if you do not meet every qualification listed here, please still apply and make a case for what you bring to the table!
Grassroots Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.