Director of marketing & Comms
Grassroots Analytics (GA) is a boutique consumer data company that owns and operates an industry-leading high end progressive consumer database. GA has premier data on millions of progressive Americans with disposable income. Large clients include Democratic political campaigns, progressive non-profits, ESG funds, and socially-responsible businesses.
The company has scaled rapidly, growing from three full-time employees in 2018 to 40 employees at the start of 2022.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to an in-person office environment in Washington, DC at the company's headquarters (700 K St. NW).
General Communications Strategy
- Work with GA c-suite executives to establish overall and ongoing communications and marketing strategy for GA and GA affiliates and ventures
- Develop interconnected strategy between marketing and communications
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal communications and marketing documents, including press releases, media advisories, pitches, talking points, and communications plans
Website, Branding, and Social Media
- Draft, edit and curate content for social media platforms, including GA and GA Nonprofits (GAN) LinkedIn, GA and GAN Twitter, Instagram, and the GA blog
- Draft and send weekly newsletter, email communications and listservs
- Manage and/or oversee management of website(s)
- Manage  intern to assist, with the potential of managing a full time marketing associate as needs grow
- Oversee that marketing materials stay on message across affiliates
- Working with CIO to develop materials for new ventures + product offerings
- Develop marketing materials optimized to communicate various service offerings in a cohesive way
- Work with graphic designer + “experts” at GA to develop case studies on client successes
- Manage graphic designer to drive omni-channel marketing and communications
- Draft and send timely and evergreen pitches offering up leadership to discuss GA news.
- Begin to build relationships with members of the press covering a range of topics including money-in-politics, campaign finance, campaign, cause and organizational fundraising, political technology, political innovation, and GA’s innovative work culture.
- Two or more years in a marketing or sales related role
- Deep industry knowledge of one or more of the following spaces: campaigns, nonprofits, political, and/or technology
- Experience building and managing relationships with members of the press across political, technology, and advocacy sectors preferred
- Possess progressive values – the Marketing Director will need to guide the marketing department within the bounds of GA’s progressive company values
- Personally driven, self-motivated, and excited to bet on yourself
- Willing to work in-office from GA headquarters in Washington, DC
Salary range for this position is $65,000 - $90,000, plus benefits. This is a full-time, in-office position based in our office in Mount Vernon Square at 700 K Street in Washington, D.C.
We offer 33 days of PTO + two days for every year with GA; 10 federal holidays; and full office closure between Christmas and New Years. Additional benefits include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance; paid parental leave; mental health and sick days; 401K with employer match; profit sharing; and more.
Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis, to be considered until the position is filled.
Grassroots Analytics has returned to staffing our office in Washington, DC with COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the CDC and local laws including masks and social distancing. Grassroots Analytics is monitoring the situation and will determine other steps as needed to ensure safety.
Grassroots Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.